Today we’re going to focus on realistic, healthy coping skills for you that can, and will, keep your stress levels at a minimum so you can thoroughly enjoy and have fun your senior year!!!
SENIOR RETREAT SCHEDULE and RESOURCES
Healthy Coping Skill #1: Journaling
- Journal Topic-How are you feeling about what you’re learning today??? What are some concerns you have about your senior year?
Healthy Coping Skill #2: Make a Gratitude list!
Healthy Coping Skill #3-Effective Time Management
3. Article: Why Can’t I Stop Procrastinating? -What type of procrastinator are you?
4. Discussion: What type of procrastinator are you? Form a group of people with different procrastination styles, read the following article and answer the questions, then discuss in your groups.
5. Article: How Can I Get It All Done?-Time Management Strategies that work
- Complete Questions, all but last question, individually
7. How to Deal-Berna shares how to effectively Manage Time and create To-Do Lists
5. Partner Share-Time Management Strategies (last question on handout)
6. Time management strategies That work for you-Large Group Share Out
Healthy Coping Skill #4: Mindfulness and Meditation
7. Meditation-Watch TED Talk and Head Space Animation
8. Meditation time!–HEADSPACE
9. Benefits of Meditation
Healthy Coping Skill #5: Talk it Out
10. Reaching out to others-find a partner
- What are you most nervous or apprehensive this year?
- Are you and your parents seeing eye to eye for your plan after high school
- Is there anything you don’t have time for that you would like to do?
- What can you take off your plate so you can find time to do this?
- What are you most excited about for senior year???
The 33 Best Online Resources for Teen Health
20 Things NOT to worry about before you turn 20
10 Scientifically Proven Ways to be Incredibly Happy