Today we’re going to focus on realistic, healthy coping skills for you that can, and will, keep your stress levels at a minimum so you can thoroughly enjoy and have fun your senior year!!!
SENIOR RETREAT SCHEDULE and RESOURCES
Healthy Coping Skill #1: Journaling
- Journal Topic-How are you feeling about what you’re learning today??? What are some concerns you have about your senior year?
- Learn More: 5 Ways Keeping A Journal Can Help You De-Stress
Healthy Coping Skill #2: Make a Gratitude list!
- Learn More: 10 Reasons Why Gratitude is Healthy
Healthy Coping Skill #3-Effective Time Management
3. Article: Why Can’t I Stop Procrastinating? -What type of procrastinator are you?
4. Discussion: What type of procrastinator are you? Form a group of people with different procrastination styles, read the following article and answer the questions, then discuss in your groups.
5. Article: How Can I Get It All Done?-Time Management Strategies that work
- Complete Questions, all but last question, individually
7. How to Deal-Berna shares how to effectively Manage Time and create To-Do Lists
5. Partner Share-Time Management Strategies (last question on handout)
6. Time management strategies That work for you-Large Group Share Out
- Learn More: Life Hack- 20 Quick Tips For Better Time Management
Healthy Coping Skill #4: Mindfulness and Meditation
7. Meditation-Watch TED Talk and Head Space Animation
- Andy Puddicome TED Talk
8. Meditation time!–HEADSPACE
9. Benefits of Meditation
- Learn More: Harvard Health- Mindfulness meditation may ease anxiety, mental stress
Healthy Coping Skill #5: Talk it Out
10. Reaching out to others-find a partner
- What are you most nervous or apprehensive this year?
- Are you and your parents seeing eye to eye for your plan after high school
- Is there anything you don’t have time for that you would like to do?
- What can you take off your plate so you can find time to do this?
- What are you most excited about for senior year???