Healthy Living for Girls
- Introduce Myself
- To get to know the girls better and for them to get to know themselves better they are going to create a poster displaying 5 things they love about themselves.
- What is required on the poster is:
- their name (just first name is fine)
- A large picture of something they love making sure they are able to write in it or around (ex: tree)
- List or write 5 things they love about themselves. This one can be hard for some kids so I had them think about their character strengths, activities and/or hobbies they love doing, etc.
- Girls spent the rest of class time completing their posters while I walked around and chatted with them, getting to know them better
- Girls will finish up posters
- Have girls come to the discussion area to share poster. I decided I would share first to break the ice and this worked out really well.
- Girls will break off into small groups generating ideas for activities they want to do this quarter in exploratory. I make sure they understand to choose activities that will help balance all sides of the wellness wheel (social, emotional, physical and mental).
- Come back as a group and share ideas.
- Decide which ideas are best for this group of girls and mark them down on the calendar.